Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

GLUTEN & DAIRY FREE CUPCAKES

Last weekend my family had a reunion up in Bellingham and we celebrated my cousins engagement, WOO! I was in charge of cupcakes because thats my thing... My cousin is allergic to dairy and almost half of my family is allergic to gluten so of course I wanted to make something everyone could have. I have never tried dairy free cupcakes before, but my mom remembered having dairy-free cream cheese frosting at a restaurant so I figured it was worth a try!

I used Tofutti cream cheese and it turned out amazing! As someone who loves cream cheese frosting, it was not a bad substitute at all. I could tell the difference from regular cream cheese, but it wasn't bad, just different. I highly recommend this recipe! 

For the cupcakes I chose to use a mix, sometimes I just don't have the time for cupcakes from scratch. I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix and it was great (recipe on the mix bag). Gluten free baked goods can be dense and crumbly but this mix was fluffy and soft! I put in a little raspberry flavor so it wasn't vanilla on vanilla, but I also considered almond flavor because that would be delicious. Happy baking friends!

DAIRY FREE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
8oz container of Tofutti Milk-Free Better than Cream Cheese
1/4 cup dairy-free butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Cream together the Tofutti Cream Cheese, dairy-free butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar until the mixture is smooth and thick.

No comments :

Post a Comment